News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

possible rally location change

Started by mst3kguy, October 20, 2015, 07:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvnmaniac

With those two options deep creek or dragons rest. Deep Creek would handle more folks. With no bath house at Dragon's Rest that just doesn't make any sense to me.. How do I suppose to get my Tellico 100 lb er though? Just googled, there is one in Franklin and Robbinsville.
"GO RAVENS"

mst3kguy

Henry,

Both those sites have showers/bathrooms in every cabin.  Only difference is tent people don't have their own bathhouse at dragons rest, they'd have to borrow the shower/bathroom from one of us cabin renters when it came time for them to shower.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

mst3kguy

Randy (t),

Got your pm, tried to reply but wouldn't let me, says you have me blocked.  So know rust I got your message, just can't reply back to you.
dean

rktmanfj

Quote from: mst3kguy on October 30, 2015, 09:38:36 PM
Randy (t),

Got your pm, tried to reply but wouldn't let me, says you have me blocked.  So know rust I got your message, just can't reply back to you.

Odd, I' don't recall ever knowing that could be done.  At least you got the message.

Randy T
Indy

Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Psalms 144:1

'89 FJ1200
'90 FJ1200
'78 XT500
'88 XT350

racerman_27410

From what you are saying and what i am reading on the dragons rest site....

tenters /campers must pay the same as an extra person in a cabin just so they can use a shower that is located in a cabin?

i would just as soon go with the larger place..... it looks like it could be possible for us to carve out a section that would accommodate
  RVs, campers, hammocks and cabins for our rally.

mst3kguy

Frank, I understand your concern.  To be honest, I thought I remember the owner saying it would only be a few dollars for a camper to be "added" to a cabin.  Iif price is an issue, I can contact them and get clarification.  Or is the price irrespective of the inconvenience, in your opinion?
dean

giantkiller

86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

CodyNKR

Quote from: CodyNKR on October 29, 2015, 01:24:25 PM
I have heard from Kickstand Lodge and they will NOT accept pets. They can't be left in the cabins while you are gone is all.

Quote from: CodyNKR on October 29, 2015, 09:15:19 AM
Ok, let me throw some other ones in the mix for  ya'll to look at their websites and say aye or nay.
Anything that I look at has to have cabins, tent sites and rv sites and be easily accessible for Jack and Nancy's chateau, plus my horse trailer.

kickstandlodge.com
that one says no pets and I've already emailed them to ask about Blue. Said I could give them references. If it's still no, then that one is out as far as I'm concerned. But it looks small enough we could take over the whole thing. I keep thinking of the Jack/carey store about some trailer up behind tooties that they stayed in one time. this could have been the same place, but definitely looks a little better now.

http://www.punkincentermotorcycleresort.com/
that one looks good. It's before 129 turns twisty. has cabins, has a creek, has rv spots, is on the right side of the cherahala.

NancyK

racerman_27410

Quote from: mst3kguy on October 31, 2015, 01:20:19 AM
Frank, I understand your concern.  To be honest, I thought I remember the owner saying it would only be a few dollars for a camper to be "added" to a cabin.  Iif price is an issue, I can contact them and get clarification.  Or is the price irrespective of the inconvenience, in your opinion?

Not the shower or the cost so much as the other aspects of having a bathroom.... like say..... having to wake up the occupants of a cabin in the middle of the night for an "emergency"  blow out stink session.... that would be more than just inconvenient.

I honestly don't mind kicking a hole in the earth for such emergency's but it is rather crude when not in the middle of BFE and probably socially (and visually) unacceptable during daylight hours.

FJmonkey

Quote from: racerman_27410 on October 31, 2015, 03:50:18 PM
I honestly don't mind kicking a hole in the earth for such emergency's but it is rather crude when not in the middle of BFE and probably socially (and visually) unacceptable during daylight hours.
Not your first rodeo eh?
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

mst3kguy

frank,

your points are well-taken.  i always bring earplugs, but there ain't nothin' to be done for the olfactory issue.  ( :

other listers have contacted me individually, and deepcreek with plenty of cabins, plenty of tent space, showers/baths in every cabin, 8-room bathhouse, and just in general quite a large campground does seem to be a better fit.  as some listers wait until the last minute to make arrangements, either by choice or by schedule, the larger campground will more likely have openings.
dean

racerman_27410

Quote from: mst3kguy on October 31, 2015, 07:07:08 PM
frank,
other listers have contacted me individually, and deepcreek with plenty of cabins, plenty of tent space, showers/baths in every cabin, 8-room bathhouse, and just in general quite a large campground does seem to be a better fit.  as some listers wait until the last minute to make arrangements, either by choice or by schedule, the larger campground will more likely have openings.

This A.

looking at the layout i think we could pull something off similar (if not better ) than the KOA ... at least in regarding proximity to other rally attendees.  We carve out a section for the -for sure- people to keep the majority of the rally together.
But like you said the place is large enough where even the stragglers could get in at the last minute,...
maybe not right there with us but at least in the same campground ?
(no after party driving )

I vote we give it shot..... if you build it they will come!  :good2:

Kookaloo!

rlucas

Quote from: FJmonkey on October 31, 2015, 05:21:09 PM
Quote from: racerman_27410 on October 31, 2015, 03:50:18 PM
Not your first rodeo eh?

What happens at the Rally site stays at the Rally site. So to speak.
We're not a club. Clubs have rules. Pay dues. Wear hats and shit.

"Y'all might be faster than me, but you didn't have more fun than I did." Eric McClellan (RIP '15)

rvnmaniac

Quote from: mst3kguy on October 30, 2015, 09:32:45 PM
Henry,

Both those sites have showers/bathrooms in every cabin.  Only difference is tent people don't have their own bathhouse at dragons rest, they'd have to borrow the shower/bathroom from one of us cabin renters when it came time for them to shower.

--------------------------------------------
I understood all that very clearly and still say it doesn't make sense to not have a bath house...
"GO RAVENS"

mst3kguy

Quote from: rvnmaniac on November 02, 2015, 02:43:01 PM
Quote from: mst3kguy on October 30, 2015, 09:32:45 PM
Henry,

--------------------------------------------
I understood all that very clearly and still say it doesn't make sense to not have a bath house...

yeah, understood.  when we spoke with the owners at dragons rest, they said they legally couldn't advertise as having tent sites, because they didn't have any type of facilities/shower house for the tenters, but said if we wanted to make arrangements amongst ourselves to let tenters borrow bathrooms of cabin renters, they had no problem with that.

but it sounds like we should probably remove dragons rest from the possibility.  i will say that if they do add facilities for tenters in the future, we really should consider them, as the compound was really nice as far as meeting our needs---really nice cabins, large firepit, pavilion, off the beaten path, and we'd have it all to ourselves.
dean