News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

FJ basics

Started by Troyskie, March 04, 2016, 03:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troyskie

How about a specific section for 'original' FJ images in the gallery or files section for those looking to restore?

Or perhaps a 'Restoration' section, as we already have a 'Modification' section.

By this I mean the best quality images members have of totally stock bikes, and the various, impossible to find parts.

Options like 'make it' 'fix it' (bottom cowl etc.), paint codes, OEM parts images, restoration techniques/methods, parts sources (hey global now....although Randy does ship to Oz & we're a fair way away but exchange rates suck & so does shipping), alternatives, second sources, hard to tell copies (aka after market), members with (access to) 3D printers or 6 axis CNC mills, restoration techniques, metal polishing, general fixityness for our bikes that, unless we mod (read modify or modernise) are destined for the dusty end of the shed.

(Monkey, I need those stl files for the 'fairling protectors' for our Aussie brethren)

Troyskie
1984 FJ1100 Ms Effie brand new :)
1984 FJ1100 Pearlie, stock as.
1985 FJ1100 Mr Effie 647,000K and still running hard.
1985 FJ1200 'Yummy' takes a licking & keeps on ticking
After all is said and done, more is said than done :)
2013 Trumpy Tiger 800, let's do a lap of Oz

FJmonkey

Quote from: Troyskie on March 04, 2016, 03:18:30 AM
(Monkey, I need those stl files for the 'fairling protectors' for our Aussie brethren)

Troyskie

Troy, PM me your email, the STL files are ready, had trouble posting to the Files Section.
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side