News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

What is Baby Grands, Inc.?

Started by FJ1100mjk, December 03, 2016, 07:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ1100mjk

This may have been covered already, I did a search first, so I apologize if this is a repeat of an earlier post on this subject.

Being in the holiday spirit, and wanting to make a donation to one of my favorite houses of worship, I started to apply a $ amount to the PayPal Donate, err, Subscribe button on this site's page bottom.

Seller Name: Baby Grands, Inc.

Baby Grand Racing

Would appreciate an explanation regarding what the Subscription/Donation money is going towards, as I see wording on this site of "Help Randy support the hosting costs of this
website -..."

Still looking to Subscribe/Donate, but some insight would help.
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

Firehawk068

That is the name of Randy's Paypal account I believe.
If you buy something off the RPM website using Paypal, or make a forum payment, it all goes into the same account.
He will know what the payment is for based on where it came from. 
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

copper

Randy is the only one listed on the contact page.

racerrad8

Marty,

Baby Grands, Inc is the Yamaha dealership I purchased a year and a half ago. Prior to that the PayPal account was attached to my prior LLC business name.

You see, I would love to be able to put the money donated into a separate account for the forum, but PayPal is funny that way. When you are in business, and surpass a certain level of income, you have to provide tax information to claim any and all money as income; taxable money.

So, when I first started in business I was a sole proprietor and then I changed to a LLC to help protect my family as the business grew. Well even as a LLC, the owner in responsible for the self employment tax code. When my taxes equaled almost as much as my day job employment income a couple of years ago I had to look into incorporating. Once I purchased the Yamaha dealership, the income increase would have just killed me in taxation.

So, since the prior company was baby grands, inc out of Kentucky, I just assumed the same corporation name here in California. I still operate RPM as a DBA.

Now, I am not sure if you also noted, the PayPal button does not say "donate" anymore. I was slapped with a warning letter shortly after buying the forum from Marsh that in order for me to receive "donations" via PayPal I would have to set up a 503(c) non-profit organization. I presume the only reason I received the letter was my income threshold on PayPal sent up red flags. So, the button was changed and now it says "subscribe". I chose that option because some people indicated they would like to make an annual contribution and not have to remember to contribute. You can also delete the annual protion of the contribution.

Like I have stated in this post following the purchase of the forum, any and all support is greatly appreciated. But, since the level of membership support will never cover the cost of the forum operation, I have to use it as a means of advertisement for RPM. The business then pays for the monthly forum operating costs. I do have a separate section in my book keepers notes of contributions to the forum, so your support is not going into my pocket for other uses. Those support payments are first to go to the operating expenses and then the business covers the rest.

There was also a big flare up about the banner ads if you recall. I also covered that in that mentioned post as well.

I will also be making an announcement in the next couple of weeks where forum membership has more privileges than just removing the banner ads. I am working out the details right now and will be making that announcement soon. I want to implement that new membership at the beginning of 2017.

If you have anymore question please let me know.

Thank you for your support.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM

FJ1100mjk

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I sent some $ in.
Platinum Zircon-encrusted Gold Member

Iron Balls #00002175
www.ironballs.com

racerrad8

Quote from: FJ1100mjk on December 03, 2016, 05:57:20 PM
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I sent some $ in.

Thank you. I want to make sure I am above board so there is no perception that this is a "profit center".

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM