News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2019 Central Rally location

Started by DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave, October 21, 2018, 05:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave

All, I just spent a week in Mountain View Ar, a little south east of your last rally location at a B&B called the Ranch House Inn just off the square. Depending on the attendance numbers, it is (8) queen bed rooms, (2) Queen and a twin bed rooms, and a Queen and pull out couch Suite plus a two bedroom home beside the main building. 10 couples, 7 bachelors possible.

The decor is a year old and every room is unique, the family running it lives 2 miles off and cooks up a great hearty breakfast every morning at a time we can designate, 8:30 is their default. An egg casserole. thick cut bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy all from scratch every day. in the week there, my wife and I ate at a different diner location each night and did not get a bad meal. Fresh Trout, a killer Filet and potato, Catfish, burger and artisan sandwiches. Cost $95 a night for the rooms, so a bit pricey but it includes the meal and coffee, a fridge with soda and water, stock levels vary at no additional cost. I had one a day for our duration and never asked for it to be restocked. And so important to many of the East Coast guys, a bath in every room.

The owners are good at recommending routes and I found three solid routes to entertain the group plus many others are possible for a new location. They call one "Push Mountain" with 123 being in striking distance.

For those unable or willing to travel to the fall east coast location, I was thinking of promoting this location for a Central rally in the fall. September second weekend. I will show on Monday and leave the following Sunday morning. Friday to Sunday are to little time off for me.

Thoughts?

What haven't I owned, 201 different motorcycles in my life and never a Harley.

Currently
(2) FJ1200
(2) XT500
(4) 1993 Yamaha GTS1000
(4) 1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
(2) 1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
1970's Husquavarna WR250
1974 Ossa 250 Phantom
1976 Ossa 250 Phantom
1998 Kawasaki KX250
1995 Du

aviationfred

The first day at the 2018 Central FJ Rally. Country Joe, Cap'n Ron and I stopped in Mountain View for lunch. Push Mountain Road AR341 just a bit to the north, is an incredible road.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/arkansas/remote-restaurant-ar/

The above link is where we stayed for the 2018 Central FJ Rally. Similar to what Dave has mentioned. Accommodations are limited to about 11 guys split up across 5 rooms. They also have 3 cabins about a mile away. I am not sure what the accomodations are with the cabins. The bonus is the full service restaurant above the rooms. The evenings were spent on the open deck overlooking the canyon.

This is my choice for a return for 2019. Also IMO, having back to back weekend rally's does work for a few to make both, but many also need some time between rally's to make more than one. The 3rd weekend in June is my pick for the Rally.

The town's of Jasper and Harrison are more centrally located for the best riding in the area. Push Mountain Road AR341, The Arkansas Dragon AR123, AR74 from Jasper to AR23 is amazing, AR23 The Pig Trail are easily reached. The Peel Ferry takes you up into Missouri and the very wild roller coaster ride on HWY 160 towards Branson.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

Country Joe

I do too consider Harrison or Jasper as a better choice due to being right in the middle of the best roads in the Ozarks.  I ride with the FZ1oa.com guys as often as possible and they always make the Super 8 in Harrison their base of operations. I also agree with Fred that the Cliff House Inn was a wonderful place for the rally last year. The treetop deck behind the inn was a great place for after dinner conversations. The Cliff House Restaurant never disappointed me with their food and service. Just my 2 cents.......

Joe
1993 FJ 1200

aviationfred

I just saw this on the We Ride Arkansas Facebook page.

Good News! I stopped by the Hub today and there were people working on it. The "rumors" are true...they are going to reopen. It's going to be a while though because they are remodeling all the rooms and I got the impression that it's a small crew doing the work. The restaurant will also reopen. What the name will be is unclear...for some reason they may not be able to call it The Hub. The target date for the reopening is April 1st 2019...and...NO...this is not an April Fools Day joke. Debbie and Randall will not be involved, instead it will be run by Debbie Nielsin, the original owner.

The Hub was a Motorcycle Resort with an onsite restaurant that closed about 18 months ago and reopened by Heritage USA. Rumors back in August were that Randall and Debbie purchased the hotel and restaurant back. I hope this comes to fruition. The hotel had 50 rooms and is located halfway between Harrison and Jasper on AR7

The photos are from the 2014 Central FJ Rally.

Fred
I'm not the fastest FJ rider, I am 'half-fast', the fastest slow guy....

Current
2008 VFR800 RC46 Vtec
1996 VFR750 RC36/2
1990 FJ1300 (1297cc) Casper
1990 VFR750 RC36/1 Minnie
1989 FJ1200 Lazarus, the Streetfighter Project
1985 VF500F RC31 Interceptor

DR.GTS.DUCATI.FAZER Dave

I agree with all on the more centralized location of Harrison or Jasper. The proposed weekend was the original East Coast fall weekend which is still in flux for a new home or a roaming nature adoption like the regular Central and West Coast rally's. I see no reason Central can't do 2 a season as it is all ad-lib anyway, its all friends and fun and another option for those who can not make one or another. I also don't propose changing the June dates, just adding another date that always worked for me to escape the grind. I need time away from the wife every now and again, LOL.
What haven't I owned, 201 different motorcycles in my life and never a Harley.

Currently
(2) FJ1200
(2) XT500
(4) 1993 Yamaha GTS1000
(4) 1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
(2) 1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
1970's Husquavarna WR250
1974 Ossa 250 Phantom
1976 Ossa 250 Phantom
1998 Kawasaki KX250
1995 Du

TexasDave

I hope the Hub reopens for bike riders again. It has a good location for all the good roads. It was reasonably priced with very good management. With an onsite restaurant that had very good food. Posting a picture of four ugly dudes posed out front is not a good advertisement for it though.   :biggrin:

Dave
A pistol is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have one you will never need one again.

Country Joe

:biggrin: The last ride of 2018. Somebody forgot that he had purchased a helmet skirt last winter. 40 miles was all I could take before the numb face became too much to ignore. June is a much better month to ride in Arkansas.
1993 FJ 1200