News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

2020 East Coast Fall Rally ***official date and location change***

Started by mst3kguy, December 20, 2019, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvy

Hi folks, just to let you know that I am in St Louis Mo until 10/27.
My wife Peta and I are here as she is having a medical procedure at Mercy Hospital tomorrow.
I will be pretty much house bound for a week or 2 for her post surgery.
Aviationfred will hopefully be calling in on the way to the ECFR and possibly on the way back to Wichita too.
It would be great to meet anyone else in the area or is heading east thru Mo to the rally.
Just PM me for my cell number

Cheers
Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

RPM - Robert

carey

I don't know about the weather or the roads, but we'll eat well.  I have 2 pans of home-made lasagna, and a bundt coffee cake to pack.  I have a limited number of forks and spoons, so stock up  :yes:

TRoy

Quote from: carey on September 21, 2020, 03:43:04 PM
we'll eat well.  I have 2 pans of home-made lasagna, and a bundt coffee cake to pack. 

Henry will eat all that before you guys get there . Don't forget the mountain pie cookers.. I'll make a grocery store run to get the apples & cherries :)
Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

carey

TRoy,  I didn't pack the mountain pie makers because I don't think there will be any big fires.  We'll make other arrangements

TRoy

Peace & Love
86FJ 100K+
07Burg650
15Downtown300

Bill_Rockoff

Well, the weekend weather outlook has some promise. I bet it's going to be beautiful there.

I wish I could make this one, I'm beyond ready, and I know we all missed Boone. But I can't do it this weekend.

Take pictures. Make me jealous. I promise I'll be happy for you guys. I'll look north and see if I can see the bonfire from here. I will settle for taking each bike out for an hour to get everything warmed up, and maybe I'll finally install the turn signal lenses George sent me last winter.

I'll ping my usual group and see if any of my eurotrash friends and family can make it; Stu and Bruce (Guzzi guy) are in different parts of Charlotte and either one could make it as a day trip. Paul is 5 hours away, a long ride on a Scrambler, but he might be ready to get out of town for a while. Andrew may or may not have his 916 fully sorted; it had an intermittent electrical issue when we rode together a few weeks ago.
Reg Pridmore yelled at me once

carey

Made it home a couple hours ago.  I had a great time.  I got to ride all or parts of the following scary name roads (not in any particular order);

Black Snake, Eagles Nest, Gargoyle, Heartbreaker, Panther's Breath, Road Runner, Skull Cracker, and Stripper's Run.

Saw a bear cub on 160 while riding from Appalachia, VA to Cumberland, KY.  The Bristol/Kingsport KOA was nice, but the $30/day linen fee was ridiculous, and not mentioned when I made my reservation.  The location of the KOA was a minimum of 30 minutes from any route we rode.  It did not require an interstate, but my GPS did take us through some subdivision.

rvnmaniac

Home and gald was able to ride rather than sitting home and watching tv. COVID 19, at least in my area is nothing to take a second look at, so I had doubts of even attending.  Nice to see friendly faces and get the bike on the road for a change. Other than just riding back in forth to work on occasion..
"GO RAVENS"

Motofun

Nancy and I made it home last evening about 5:30....10 and a half hours...yech.  Had a great time even with 2 rainy days...they just turn into group campfire sessions. :good2:
'69 Honda Trail 90
'75 Honda CB400F
'85 Yamaha RZ350
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'89 Yamaha FJ1200
'09 Yamaha 125 Zuma
'09 Kawasaki KZ110 (grand kids)
'13 Suzuki GSXR 750 (track)
'14 Yamaha FZ-09
'18 Suzuki GSXR 1000R (track)
'23 Yamaha Tenere 7
SOLD: CBX,RZ500,Ninja 650,CB400F,V45 Sabre,CB700SC,R1

gdfj12

Kris, Alex and I made it home late Sunday, almost 12 hours of driving. Spent Monday recovering from the drive with rain in the Detroit area. The rally was good in spite of the rain and no big bonfire. :^) the roads in that area seem to be pretty good also. It was good to see everyone again. Looking forward to Boone in the Spring.
George D
'89 FJ1250 ~'90-black/blue
'87 FJ1250 ~streetfighter project
'89 FJ1200 ~white/silver, resto project
'88 Honda Hawk GT, resto project

FJ_Hooligan

Arkansas was awesome on Friday, got 320 miles in.  The 13-hour drive to get there, no so great.

Total mileage for 2 days riding in Tellico, TN, 1/2 day ride in Kingsport, TN, and full day ride out of Clarksville, AR was right at 1000 miles.  Some great twisty roads in all areas.

I was really looking forward to hanging out with the group in the afterhours, but not sitting through 2 days of rain.  :-(

I need to make this happen again.

Oh yeah, headed back to Arkansas with my local group for 4 more days next week!
DavidR.

carey

FWIW,  While at the rally, I was randomly selected by my employer for a covid test.  I finally got the test completed on Thursday, October 1st.  I didn't have much time to study, but I was negative  :good2: