News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

Happy New Year, Welcome 2021

Started by racerrad8, December 30, 2020, 05:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racerrad8

Well, the year everyone would love to forget is almost gone. Let's welcome on 2021 with high hopes and ambitions for everyone.

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year. Everyone stay safe in both daily life and when out enjoying your favorite pastime, riding your FJ. Now, get out on the FJ and ride because the virus cannot keep up with a FJ. :bye2:

Randy -RPM
Randy - RPM

ZOA NOM

What if 2020 was just the start of a horrible decade? :bomb:
Rick

Current:
2010 Honda VFR1200 DCT (Full Auto!)
1993 FJ/GSXR 1200 (-ABS)
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera (Race)
1988 Porsche Carrera (Street)
Previous:
1993 FJ1200 (FIREBALL)
1993 FJ1200ABS (RIP my collar bone)
1986 FZ750
1984 FJ600
1982 Seca

Millietant

Quote from: ZOA NOM on December 30, 2020, 06:27:14 PM

2020 followed of a horrible decade for us as a family and was basically worse than anything since 2010....and it really does look as if it getting worse for us in 2021 already.

Our new Covid rules came in just over an hour ago - no leaving home except for approved reasons; no visiting anyone else's home; allowed to meet a maximum of 1 person if in a public place for an approved reason (for example, for exercise).

Basically, most of the UK is under house arrest with only essential shops open too (food, medicines etc)......not good, but we only have our population to blame....they couldn't stick by the simple Govt rules we've had in place for 9 months, hands-face-space (just last weekend 300 people attended an illegal rave in Coventry, no masks, all in close proximity to each other inside a large warehouse room - and 90 people were removed from a party at a private house, they were squeezed in like sardines!!).

Most of the UK is now classified as being in Tier 4 and here's a quick summary of the travel restrictions now in place.

Here's a link to the detail of Tier 4 in all its "glory"......no motorcycling for me for the foreseeable future Randy !!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home

Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

T Legg

I am looking forward personally to a good 2021. 2020 wasn't that bad. I never stopped working ,never stopped riding, I attended my own personal west coast rally with my son and wide open roads. I got my two FJ1100's running better than they ever have. All my kids and grandkids are doing well. I've had a brother a sister a brother in law a sister in law and two nephews catch the covid but all are doing fine now. I am sick of wearing masks Everytime I go in somewhere and our elections are a mess but it's not going to stop me from enjoying myself. I really think by summer herd immunity will be reached and I'll be riding up somewhere by Bend Oregon and then maybe at the next RPM  rally.       Happy New Year everyone. I hope I see you on the road.
T Legg

Millietant

Quote from: T Legg on December 30, 2020, 08:15:21 PM
I am looking forward personally to a good 2021. 2020 wasn't that bad. I never stopped working ,never stopped riding, I attended my own personal west coast rally with my son and wide open roads. I got my two FJ1100's running better than they ever have. All my kids and grandkids are doing well. I've had a brother a sister a brother in law a sister in law and two nephews catch the covid but all are doing fine now. I am sick of wearing masks Everytime I go in somewhere and our elections are a mess but it's not going to stop me from enjoying myself. I really think by summer herd immunity will be reached and I'll be riding up somewhere by Bend Oregon and then maybe at the next RPM  rally.       Happy New Year everyone. I hope I see you on the road.

I hope your optimism is warranted Travis, over here the talk from the scientists is that herd immunity will still take over a year to be fully developed, even on our densely populated little island, so I'd guess in the USA it could take a lot longer.

However, once the restrictions are lifted and we can get back to safe travel, we'll be hitting up the USA, Australia and NZ as soon as we possibly can.
Dean

fj1289

Happy New Year!   :drinks:

Look forward to the good times, toughen up from the rough ones!

fj1289

Quote from: ZOA NOM on December 30, 2020, 06:27:14 PM

Then time on the FJ will be that much sweeter!

Pat Conlon

Happy New Year folks. I expect the next few months will be worse, until it gets better.

Dean, I realize it's tough set of lock down rules you have, understanding that they just trying to save lives.

I wish my area took the Covid infection more seriously. In my region of Arizona, 50% don't wear masks.
They are part of the "Live Free or Die" crowd who sneer at all the "sheepeople" who do wear masks.

A typical American misguided sense of entitlement. Quite incredible.

Hang in there Dean, with these drastic actions, your country will see daylight before mine.
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

X-Ray

Thank you Randy, has been an interesting year thats for sure.
If you do get to Australia Dean and travel to Queensland look me up, lots of spare room and 2 FJs that need riding  :good2:

The above offer goes also for anyone who travels to Aus (when we can again  :rofl: )

Take care, and see you in 2021  :yahoo:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

Millietant

Quote from: X-Ray on December 31, 2020, 03:51:40 AM
Thank you Randy, has been an interesting year thats for sure.
If you do get to Australia Dean and travel to Queensland look me up, lots of spare room and 2 FJs that need riding  :good2:

The above offer goes also for anyone who travels to Aus (when we can again  :rofl: )

Take care, and see you in 2021  :yahoo:

Thank you Ray, we will certainly call in if we get to Qld - and a similar offer stands here, if any of you ever make it to the UK, our hospitality (and our Fazer 600) is on constant offer. Sorry that I only have one FJ now and Liz always uses the Fazer 1000 !!
Dean

ribbert

Yeah, that's all good and well Ray.....UNTIL SOMEONE RETURNS IT DIRTY!!

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Millietant

Quote from: Pat Conlon on December 31, 2020, 01:24:05 AM
Happy New Year folks. I expect the next few months will be worse, until it gets better.

Dean, I realize it's tough set of lock down rules you have, understanding that they just trying to save lives.

I wish my area took the Covid infection more seriously. In my region of Arizona, 50% don't wear masks.
They are part of the "Live Free or Die" crowd who sneer at all the "sheepeople" who do wear masks.

Hang in there Dean, with these drastic actions, your country will see daylight before mine.

Thankfully Pat, these rules are basically what we have been living to ourselves, before they became law. It won't be any real hardship for at least 3 months, as the conditions are awful for motorcycling any way.

It's 33F today, but I'll be out on my mountain bike this afternoon for a 20 mile-ish ride to blow out the Christmas cobwebs.

With the lockdowns and vaccines, hopefully we'll have this beaten sooner than most !
Dean

Millietant

Quote from: ribbert on December 31, 2020, 05:15:52 AM

Noel

No chance of that with us Noel, Liz always cleans the bikes after every ride, before they go back in the garage  :sarcastic:
Dean

ribbert

Quote from: Pat Conlon on December 31, 2020, 01:24:05 AM

We have just come out of an even tougher lockdown than Dean is experiencing and it went on for months, the end date was not fixed at the onset and was ultimately determined by results alone.

Curfew (9.00pm), 5 km radius from home including all shopping and exercise, only leave house for one of 4 reasons (employment if absolutely necessary, individual exercise for max 1 hour, medical treatment & care giving, essential shopping), gathering limits, border closures, mandatory quarantine for all travellers, masks, expanded powers of arrest, huge fines, all businesses except essential services shutdown (the entire CBD a ghost town) non essential court cases deferred, you couldn't even get your car serviced, fast food was delivery only etc. But, our State has just passed 60 days without a single case and the entire country currently has less than 20 cases, all of whom are in quarantine and the govt has an excellent contact tracing system at the ready should an outbreak occur within the community.

We paid a heavy price but are now starting to enjoy the benefits of the sacrifice and life is almost entirely back to normal.

The virus will no doubt re appear as travel is relaxed and loopholes (unbelievably) continue to pop up, but we are confident we are now geared up to handle it. We, like NZ have effectively eliminated it at this point, but at great economic cost. The entire nation grasped the need to do the unthinkable and shut the place down and now we are out the other side and rebuilding. It worked because everyone was on board. Some countries seem unable to come to terms with the scale of what needs to happen, all the while refusing to acknowledge the cost of doing nothing.

I can't see this working in the UK or in particular, the US.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ribbert

Quote from: Millietant on December 31, 2020, 05:22:29 AM
Quote from: ribbert on December 31, 2020, 05:15:52 AM

Noel

No chance of that with us Noel, Liz always cleans the bikes after every ride, before they go back in the garage  :sarcastic:

Dean, rumour has it Ray's wife shadows him to rallies with a spare bike in the van in case the one he's riding get's dirty.

Noel