News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

The things you see

Started by Urban_Legend, February 12, 2021, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urban_Legend

I will try to redo the photos off my laptop soon. The CBX and Katana deserve a good photo.
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor
92 FJ 1200 - Project bike. Finished and sold.
84 FJ1100 - Project bike.

Urban_Legend

Hope these photos of the CBX, Katana, Notron Commando and BSA are better
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

Urban_Legend

Nearly forgot to put photos of my bike in. At least she looks like an FJ
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

Millietant

Do you not upload your photos into the gallery and then copy the link from the gallery pic into your post between the img boxes that appear when you click on the insert photo button above the emoji's ?

I thought that was the only way to get photos in posts properly.
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Urban_Legend

Nope, although I have done that. I usually upload directly from my device (phone or computer) using the aditional options tab below the text box. It is a little more straight forward, but prone to glitrches, like putting photo's in sideways or in my case, when i use my phone, streatching the photos out.

The way you mentioned is good it you want to insert a picture in the middle of your text.

The reason I use my phone most times is

A: convenience
B: my laptop has the memory capacity of a goldfish (my phone has bigger memory capacity), and I can't store much on it
Mark
My Baby (Sparkles)
84 FJ1100/1200 motor

andyoutandabout

life without a bike is just life

ribbert

Quote from: Millietant on February 13, 2021, 06:17:13 PM
Do you not upload your photos into the gallery and then copy the link from the gallery pic into your post between the img boxes that appear when you click on the insert photo button above the emoji's ?

I thought that was the only way to get photos in posts properly.

Dean, I post my photos directly from Flickr. I right click on the photo, right click on "copy address" then simply paste between the [img] thingo's. I believe this also allows the photos to be seen without being a member or logging in. I miss many of the photos on here because I read the daily postings on my phone and don't log in.

Flickr also has a basic editing tool for a quick touch up before posting, such as cropping etc. It also makes it easy to refer back to photos I've posted and where to find them to use elsewhere.

Noel

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ribbert

Quote from: Urban_Legend on February 13, 2021, 05:13:44 PM
Hope these photos of the CBX, Katana, Notron Commando and BSA are better

Mark, the photo of the Norton Commando never came through. 

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

ribbert

Quote from: Urban_Legend on February 13, 2021, 06:31:32 PM

B: my laptop has the memory capacity of a goldfish (my phone has bigger memory capacity), and I can't store much on it

Mark, it is unfortunate but these days a reasonably capable computer is no longer a luxury. You work for the Govt, they update their computers every 5 minutes, find out who looks after your work computers and hunt them out for a deal. Trust me, the public service discard technology that most of us still aspire to.

Another option is a PC ( instead of a laptop), they are comparatively cheap and a modern smart phone is more than adequate as a mobile device.

Noel

X-Ray

Someone told me never to take photos or videos on an iphone etc in portrait mode, always landscape. It leads to the stretching experienced when photos etc are uploaded, not sure if this is your issue Mark but maybe worth a go  :unknown:
'94 FJ1200 Wet Pale Brown
'93 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver
'84 FJ1100 Red/White

'91 FJ1200 Dark Violet/Silver ( Now Sold)
'92 FJ1200 Project/Resto Dark Violet/Silver (Now Sold)

For photos of my rear wheel swap, heres the link  https://www.flickr.com/gp/150032671@N02/62k3KZ

Waiex191

Quote from: ribbert on February 14, 2021, 06:11:04 AM
Another option is a PC ( instead of a laptop), they are comparatively cheap and a modern smart phone is more than adequate as a mobile device.

Noel

My last two PCs have been Dell Optiplex 3010s from 2013.  Ebay plus shipping, a new 250G solid state drive, a modern wifi dongle, and Ubuntu 20.04 and I've got a super fast and useable computer for $90. I hate microsoft.
Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL

Millietant

I used to use Tinypic, but they got swallowed up and if I remember correctly I dropped out as I did not want to pay (me just being cheap  :sarcastic:).

I often wondere about swamping the Gallery section every time I want to put any sort of image in a post, so might just use the Additional Options method from now - I'd never even bothered opening it up before today :sarcastic:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.