News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Once Upon A Time in the West..............................

Started by Firehawk068, February 25, 2021, 10:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawk068

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Mark Olson

wow you guys went on a journey .

awesome video .. The Capt'n and first mate.
Mark O.
86 fj1200
sac ca.

" Get off your ass and Ride"

ribbert

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

Sparky84

Great scenery, loved it,
thanks for taking the time to stop and take those photos  :good:

Hope that pre trip maintenance isn't done on every trip  :biggrin:
1984 FJ1100
1979 Kawasaki Z1300
1972 Honda CB750/4 K2

Firehawk068

Quote from: Sparky84 on February 27, 2021, 01:20:00 AM
Great scenery, loved it,
thanks for taking the time to stop and take those photos  :good:

Hope that pre trip maintenance isn't done on every trip  :biggrin:

Glad you guys are liking the photos.

Nah, not every trip. This bike is as reliable as a Hammer!
It had a bit over 22,000 miles on it before this trip, and the rear brake pads were worn out.
I went further into it by inspecting and re-greasing all the swingarm pivot bearings, and the steering stem had just a slight "Notchy" feel at the center so I replaced those as well.
I could have completed the trip with just rear pads and new rear tire.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Bones

Great video Alan, you truly have some amazing scenery over your side of the world.
93 fj1200
79 suzuki gt250x7

Too young to be old but old enough to know better.

Millietant

Moab is my favourite place in the world that I've visited so far.......................I could spend years there just exploring the trails (hiking, mountain biking, motorcycling and "jeep" driving and drinking in the sights.

Being right up at the top of the slick-rock at sunset watching the changing skies was almost a religious feeling. Looking into the "holes" from the rims in the Canyonlands, heading down the trails that snake their way down cliff faces, exploring caves and finding petroglyph's, driving up the Lion's back or going up Hell's Revenge - everything just makes you feel as a human, so small and insignificant in the grand scheme of the earth.  :good2:

I have so many great memories of my time in the Rockies and the West with Liz and the kids......truly on of the best periods of my life  !
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.

Firehawk068

Quote from: Mark Olson on February 26, 2021, 12:42:03 AM
wow you guys went on a journey .

awesome video .. The Capt'n and first mate.

I'm a bit too big around to be "Gilligan"   :sarcastic:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Firehawk068

Quote from: Millietant on February 27, 2021, 05:30:00 PM
Moab is my favourite place in the world that I've visited so far.......................I could spend years there just exploring the trails (hiking, mountain biking, motorcycling and "jeep" driving and drinking in the sights.

Being right up at the top of the slick-rock at sunset watching the changing skies was almost a religious feeling. Looking into the "holes" from the rims in the Canyonlands, heading down the trails that snake their way down cliff faces, exploring caves and finding petroglyph's, driving up the Lion's back or going up Hell's Revenge - everything just makes you feel as a human, so small and insignificant in the grand scheme of the earth.  :good2:

I have so many great memories of my time in the Rockies and the West with Liz and the kids......truly on of the best periods of my life  !

One of my favorite things about travelling in the western USA is exactly as you say................................Daily troubles and issues just seem to fade into insignificance.
It really does make you feel so tiny compared to the grand vastness.
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

andyoutandabout

Just watched the double installment Alan.
Excellent scenic offerings here. Those adventure bikes just unlock a whole load more vantage points and camping sites.
Bravo.
life without a bike is just life

Firehawk068

Quote from: andyoutandabout on March 05, 2021, 12:34:15 AM
Just watched the double installment Alan.
Excellent scenic offerings here. Those adventure bikes just unlock a whole load more vantage points and camping sites.
Bravo.

They really do!
I can ride up some dirt trail just to see where it goes, or to find a remote camping spot that I normally wouldn't be able to access.
An added benefit is that when I can choose the "Off the beaten path" routes, there is typically no other traffic to deal with...................just scenic enjoyment!

Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Firehawk068

I have been playing around with an app called "Relive"
You can upload a GPX file, and it will build a route-track from it and allow it to be played on a 3D map.
It also will pull photos from your phone if you choose, and place them in the general location they were taken on the map.
The app puts together a little video of the route, and lets you choose music from their list and add "events" along the way.

I typically record a GPX-track when I am out on a day-ride or a multi-day trip.
I have all the tracks and "Relive" videos from each day of our trip. If folks are interested in seeing them, I can post up the links.

https://youtu.be/LMnmdPSlK0Q
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Millietant

Our hiking group use Relive to share routes and pictures of our hikes between the group, the 3D Flythrough is great even if it's from a "high altitude". :good2:

Selfishly, I never though to let anyone else know about it. Thank you Alan  :good2:
Dean

'89 FJ 1200 3CV - owned from new.
'89 FJ 1200 3CV - no engine, tank, seat....parts bike for the future.
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - complete runner 2024 resto project
'88 FJ 1200 3CV - became a race bike, no longer with us.
'86 FJ 1200 1TX - sold to my boss to finance the '89 3CV I still own.