News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

3D Printer Parts

Started by iHumanist, April 24, 2020, 02:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waiex191

20% infill, 0.12mm layer height, 6 hr 20 min. We used prusaslicer.  I had to sand the tabs to make them more triangular before I could snap them in. You can definitely see the layers so print quality is not perfect.
Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL

RPM - Robert

Interesting. Cura slicer is 20 % 0.12mm layer height and 11 hrs 15 minutes, top and bottom thickness 1.2mm 3 line wall, top and bottom 7 lines @ 0.84mm with skirt adhesion.
If I drop from "super quality" to "dynamic quality" it changes to 6 hours 16 minutes with a 0.16mm layer height all other setting the same.
Might have to try the Prusa slicer, as we printed some test fit stuff for the race car before having sent out to cnc and a few pieces were 20+ hour prints. even on low quality

Waiex191

Quote from: Charlie-brm on September 29, 2020, 04:06:30 PM
The pic attached is the orientation I used in CURA, my slicer program. Please let me know how your print orientation differs based on the orientation I'm showing here.

My kid printed another one, this time in black.  He orientated the print as shown above.  It actually came out really nice, although on the bottom the surface is not as good.  He minimized supports there and even having supports it affects the surface. 

Bryan
1989 FJ1200
1981 Suzuki GN400
Poplar Grove, IL