News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

FJ1100 ignition lock

Started by NorwayJon, May 12, 2021, 01:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorwayJon

Hi friends.
I have tried three different aftermarket ignition locks that will fit the 84/85 model. No one fits they hit the metal and the locking bolt does not match the holes. Someone who has found something suitable, any tips are gratefully received. Jon.

andyoutandabout

I had something similar happen and ended up drilling the frame hole a bit bigger.
I don't remember changing locks, so maybe it was when I took everything apart one year. The alignment was pretty tight, so a Dremel shaved off material in the right direction.
life without a bike is just life

giantkiller

When I put the gixxer inverted on the bikes. They were too close to the stem. And off to one side. Redrilled the hole in the stem. And used a standing drum that you put on a drill. About the same size as the stem. And removed just enough of the face of the lock to clear.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

NorwayJon

Quote from: andyoutandabout on May 12, 2021, 10:50:44 AM
I had something similar happen and ended up drilling the frame hole a bit bigger.
I don't remember changing locks, so maybe it was when I took everything apart one year. The alignment was pretty tight, so a Dremel shaved off material in the right direction.

[Thanks, then I have to find something to grind with

giantkiller

Like I said go get a sanding drum for a drill. I think It was about 2" then just sand a little off face of the lock. The stem is round so is the sanding drum. Just need a drill.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1