News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

A good day and a bad day...

Started by Loukiii, May 16, 2021, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loukiii

I finally got to take my FJ1200 out on a long ride with a local sportbike group. I have to say she performed pretty good. New Sport Demon tires. Fresh oil change. 200 miles of twisty florida roads. (Yes there are some to be found...) I did my best to keep up but 20+ years of cruisers and touring bikes has taken a toll on my boldness when it comes to high speed curves so I followed along the best I could and caught up when I could on the straightaways.
The bike got lots of attention at the gas and rest stops from the older riders who knew what they were looking at. The younger guys had no clue other than it was a 'vintage' bike lol 
Unfortunately I lost one of my tips to my Kerker exhaust and I have no idea where I will find another one. Maybe I can have one fabricated by someone who does sheet metal work or something. Any Ideas?

red

Quote from: Loukiii on May 16, 2021, 07:30:59 PMThe bike got lots of attention at the gas and rest stops from the older riders who knew what they were looking at. The younger guys had no clue other than it was a 'vintage' bike lol  
Unfortunately I lost one of my tips to my Kerker exhaust and I have no idea where I will find another one. Maybe I can have one fabricated by someone who does sheet metal work or something. Any Ideas?
Loukiii,

Lookin' good!

Sure, send an email to the manufacturer or distributor and ask about a replacement tip.  If they FAIL that request from a good customer, a good auto parts place may have a pair of tips that will fit.  You can wrap metal tape (aluminum) around the ends of the new tips, if the ends are a little too small.  Until then, just remove the remaining tip, for a matched set, and it's your new custom performance mod.  
:biggrin:
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.

FJ1200W

I'd buy it just for the tip, if there were two! :D
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

Pat Conlon

Quote from: FJ1200W on May 23, 2021, 11:47:09 AM

Make an offer....you lost just one tip....correct?
1) Free Owners Manual download: https://tinyurl.com/fmsz7hk9
2) Don't store your FJ with E10 fuel https://tinyurl.com/3cjrfct5
3) Replace your old stock rubber brake lines.
4) Important items for the '84-87 FJ's:
Safety wire: https://tinyurl.com/99zp8ufh
Fuel line: https://tinyurl.com/bdff9bf3

FJ1200W

Quote from: Pat Conlon on May 23, 2021, 02:23:15 PM

I'm missing both
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA

Loukiii

I emailed SuperTrapp who owns Kerker now and much to my suprise they still have some exhaust tips in stock. They go about $50 a pair (and are only sold in pairs)  but they have em. I replaced mine already and have a spare.

Quote from: FJ1200W on May 23, 2021, 10:07:32 PM
Quote from: Pat Conlon on May 23, 2021, 02:23:15 PM

I'm missing both

Loukiii

Here is the information to order them:

"Hello,
We're in luck, we actually have some of these in stock.
They are sold as a pair.
Part number is 8066, good guy deal is 54.10.
You can order via phone, or email my back with your info; full name/address/phone and FOP (we accept Visa/Master or can paypal as well).
Thanks,

Jeff Wells
Sales Manager
SuperTrapp Industries

4540 W. 160th St.
Cleveland OH  44135

216-265-8400 "

FJ1200W

Thank you!

Quote from: Loukiii on June 08, 2021, 06:03:07 PM
Here is the information to order them:

"Hello,
We're in luck, we actually have some of these in stock.
They are sold as a pair.
Part number is 8066, good guy deal is 54.10.
You can order via phone, or email my back with your info; full name/address/phone and FOP (we accept Visa/Master or can paypal as well).
Thanks,

Jeff Wells
Sales Manager
SuperTrapp Industries

4540 W. 160th St.
Cleveland OH  44135

216-265-8400 "
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA