News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

she won't start now

Started by 5speed, May 22, 2021, 08:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ribbert

Quote from: Flynt on June 14, 2021, 09:20:52 PM
...  Pat's right and you're wrong... and I suspect well out of your depth.

Frank

FFS Frank, I seriously can't believe I just read that. It's no more complicated than me having a bit of fun with Pat's post. I was talking atmospheric pressure and Pat replied in head pressure, when I said the fuel was subject to atmospheric pressure (which it is) he assumed I was suggesting it was responsible for flow, which it's not, I merely said it was present.
I extrapolated his errors, the outcome of which I thought would prompt him to review it in a little more detail, it didn't, so I let it go. Explaining what I'd done would be a bit like having to explain a joke, it doesn't work so I let it be and have not said a word about it since, or even monitored the thread.

Then tonight I discover half a dozen members have carried on commenting for another 10 posts or so over the last week until you declared it a bitch fest, didn't any of you realise I was no longer participating??

And now we have Frank, judge, jury and executioner breathing yet more life into it. :dash2:

Frank, how the hell does a bloke with an Engineering degree and a previous life as a submariner look at that gibberish and not say to himself, hang on, someone's gotta be taking the piss out of someone else here. There is a point where an answer or a statement simply can't be taken seriously.

What we are talking here is high school level science, junior at that. I have tertiary qualifications including physics, not in Frank's league but certainly more than anyone who didn't take science-based career path and Frank knows that. So, what am I to make of his remark about being out of my depth or the offensively simple question he posed? I can't come up with any reason other than a gratuitous put down.

Don't forget, I never wanted to be a part of this in the first place.

OK, you've talked the talk......
Quote from: Flynt on June 14, 2021, 09:20:52 PM

...  A humble gentleman would admit he's wrong and move on...

Frank

.....can you 'walk the walk'

Noel

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

5speed

Quote from: giantkiller on June 13, 2021, 11:24:29 PM
Back on topic of your bike. There are 2 Corbin gunfighters on fleabay right now.  One is  way over priced. And one is an auction. With no bids yet. Both need to be recovered.
well..I adopted the one at auction... the exchange rate and shipping hurt but I think it really compliments the bike and the chances of another one coming along is probably pretty thin..
there..lets see if this will get my thread back on track and the science geeks can start their own purse swinging thread.  :drinks:
1986 FJ1200
2000 Roadstar
1976 GL1000
1978 GL1000
1982 GL1100 (sold)

Flynt

Sure can Noel...  my mistake for not recognizing the genius of you idiocy.  Now can we move on?

Frank
There's plenty of time for sleep in the grave...

giantkiller

Quote from: 5speed on June 16, 2021, 07:15:57 PM
Quote from: giantkiller on June 13, 2021, 11:24:29 PM
Back on topic of your bike. There are 2 Corbin gunfighters on fleabay right now.  One is  way over priced. And one is an auction. With no bids yet. Both need to be recovered.
well..I adopted the one at auction... the exchange rate and shipping hurt but I think it really compliments the bike and the chances of another one coming along is probably pretty thin..
there..lets see if this will get my thread back on track and the science geeks can start their own purse swinging thread.  :drinks:
Thats kool. The one that was up for auction looked in better shape. Still. Will need recovering someday.
86 fj1350r
86 fj1380t turbo drag toy (soon)
87 fj1200 865 miles crashed for parts
89 fj1200 touring 2up
87 fzr1000 crashed
87 fzr750r Human Race teams world endurance champion
93 fzr600 Vance n hines ltd for sale
Custom chopper I built
Mini chopper I built for my daughter just like the big 1

5speed

Quote from: giantkiller on June 17, 2021, 01:16:08 AM
there..lets see if this will get my thread back on track and the science geeks can start their own purse swinging thread.  :drinks:
QuoteThats kool. The one that was up for auction looked in better shape. Still. Will need recovering someday.
that will be a winter project. going to change it to some variation of red and white with black accents.
1986 FJ1200
2000 Roadstar
1976 GL1000
1978 GL1000
1982 GL1100 (sold)

wco56

Quote from: Old Rider on May 23, 2021, 10:45:30 AM
I once replaced the diaphragm in the petcook because it was in bad shape and leaked vacuum.When testing it after it still leaked vacuum i then found a airleak at the backside where the wiring for
the solenoid enter .The old rubber grommet had cracks.Fixed that with heat and fuel resistant flange silicone and now it holds vacuum.
I'm bad at fixing electrical stuff but i know you can test the solenoid by just have the ignition on and the engine stop switch turned on .then toggle the reseve switch if the solenoid makes clicking noise it works.

Old Rider, I have a question about the product you used and how you used it. My petcock does not hold vacuum but the bike runs fine. I think this must be because the vacuum from the motor is relatively constant when it is running. I don't know for sure but I suspect I have the same issue you had. I have never heard of fuel resistant flange silicone but I have a variety of sealants to choose from. If you could elaborate on exactly which product you used I would appreciate it. Also, did you seal under the metal plate as well as around of wire entry point? That is how it looks from the photo. Thanks for the info.

Old Rider

Quote from: wco56 on September 28, 2021, 07:01:59 AM

Old Rider, I have a question about the product you used and how you used it. My petcock does not hold vacuum but the bike runs fine. I think this must be because the vacuum from the motor is relatively constant when it is running. I don't know for sure but I suspect I have the same issue you had. I have never heard of fuel resistant flange silicone but I have a variety of sealants to choose from. If you could elaborate on exactly which product you used I would appreciate it. Also, did you seal under the metal plate as well as around of wire entry point? That is how it looks from the photo. Thanks for the info.
[/quote]

Hi wco56  I used this product www.biltema.no/bilpleie/bilvedlikehold/beskyttende-tetningsmidler/flenstetting-2000040362
i live in Norway don't know what it is called in USA .I think it is used most on boats between metal surfaces pipes ets
when cured after 24 hours It is resistant to gasoline diesel glycol brakefluid mineral and synthetic oils and other chemicals and has temp range from -67 to +330 Celsius.
Yes i used a thin layer inside under the metalplate also

There is more info in this tread : http://www.fjowners.com/index.php?topic=19388.0

wco56