News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

1984 FJ1100 Red/Silver garage kept for sale $1800

Started by Monkeylove, June 12, 2021, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkeylove

Bike ran when parked.  Hasn't been ridden in years.  Have been putting in time cleaning it up.  Have cleaned the carbs, will continue servicing, syncing carbs, brakes, clutch, etc.  Not sure if there's any interest in this community for this bike, if so I'll add pics later etc.   I'll prob revise this post too, it gets long winded...

- Location (city & state)  Maryville, Tenn.
- Year of the bike  1984 FJ1100
- Mileage  Approx 21,000
- Condition  Good. 
- Price  $1800

GOOD POINTS:  Garage kept for its entire life.  I'm second owner.  I don't remember this leaking oil, ever.  Original Turn signals, mufflers, most everything is stock.  I will include the stock mirrors too but they are faded (could be remirrored).  The stock air filter was replaced with K&N pods.  THE TANK, THE FRONT FARING, THE SIDES AND TAIL FENDER are in VERY GOOD condition.  The tank has no major blemishes, slight blemishes where the seat rubbed over the bottom of it, and along the seam it shows minor rusting.  The seam could be easily treated, resealed or repainted. both are generally unnoticable.  This is the best thing about the bike.  The candy/cherry red shines up really gorgeous and the silver too.

BAD POINTS:  No bottom cowl.  Currently Missing front fender.  Missing original side vents, but two (from an 85) are included, will have to sand and match paint for them from red to grey.  Speedometer needs to be serviced or drilled and lubricated, or replaced.  I vaguely remember this process and bought the silicon(?) lube for it but never fixed it.  I know that's a common issue on these and it should be salvageable.

ME: I am not in huge hurry to sell this.  The price reflects the high cosmetic value of this bike for parts or as a restoration project.  This piece also has a running engine with no history of being abused, dropped, left in the rain, etc.  You could sell parts, chop or mod this thing, but remember 1984 was the first year for FJ's.  It's a classic!
FJ = F'in and Jeffin' !

FJ1200W

I just delivered a Kawasaki 750 to Maryville.

There is a guy named Rock Quensler there, he buys and sells a lot of motorcycles.

He's not a wholesale buyer though, and your price is at the top of retail for the condition, IMO.

Good luck with sale!

Quote from: Monkeylove on June 12, 2021, 10:31:57 AM
Bike ran when parked.  Hasn't been ridden in years.  Have been putting in time cleaning it up.  Have cleaned the carbs, will continue servicing, syncing carbs, brakes, clutch, etc.  Not sure if there's any interest in this community for this bike, if so I'll add pics later etc.   I'll prob revise this post too, it gets long winded...

- Location (city & state)  Maryville, Tenn.
- Year of the bike  1984 FJ1100
- Mileage  Approx 21,000
- Condition  Good. 
- Price  $1800

GOOD POINTS:  Garage kept for its entire life.  I'm second owner.  I don't remember this leaking oil, ever.  Original Turn signals, mufflers, most everything is stock.  I will include the stock mirrors too but they are faded (could be remirrored).  The stock air filter was replaced with K&N pods.  THE TANK, THE FRONT FARING, THE SIDES AND TAIL FENDER are in VERY GOOD condition.  The tank has no major blemishes, slight blemishes where the seat rubbed over the bottom of it, and along the seam it shows minor rusting.  The seam could be easily treated, resealed or repainted. both are generally unnoticable.  This is the best thing about the bike.  The candy/cherry red shines up really gorgeous and the silver too.

BAD POINTS:  No bottom cowl.  Currently Missing front fender.  Missing original side vents, but two (from an 85) are included, will have to sand and match paint for them from red to grey.  Speedometer needs to be serviced or drilled and lubricated, or replaced.  I vaguely remember this process and bought the silicon(?) lube for it but never fixed it.  I know that's a common issue on these and it should be salvageable.

ME: I am not in huge hurry to sell this.  The price reflects the high cosmetic value of this bike for parts or as a restoration project.  This piece also has a running engine with no history of being abused, dropped, left in the rain, etc.  You could sell parts, chop or mod this thing, but remember 1984 was the first year for FJ's.  It's a classic!
Steve
Columbia, Missouri
USA