News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

front caliper o rings

Started by 5speed, July 26, 2021, 12:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5speed

Quote from: RPM - Robert on August 10, 2021, 12:15:32 PM
We have them in stock. A few bucks more than some and cheaper than others.

Bleeder Banjo Bolt
:good2:
well, the brakes work but they aren't quite there yet. Waiting for her to cool down and give it another go.
I'm still getting the smell of burning oil too although not as bad.
Any known issues with the fittings on the oil cooler starting to leak?
Gratuitous pic too.
1986 FJ1200
2000 Roadstar
1976 GL1000
1978 GL1000
1982 GL1100 (sold)

Old Rider

Just tie the brake lever to the throttlegrip with rubberband tape or velcroband or a ziptie or anything  :yes: don't need to be all way in just 2-3 cm inward .let sit overnight and  the brakes will self-bleed and tomorrow the brake lever will be non spongy.
If it leaks around any fitting on the oil cooler you must replace the O-rings there are 2 smaller where the hoses enter the case and 2 bigger at the top where the hoses connect the cooler if i remember right.
RPM have  them

5speed

Quote from: Old Rider on August 10, 2021, 01:37:11 PM
Just tie the brake lever to the throttlegrip with rubberband tape or velcroband or a ziptie or anything  :yes: don't need to be all way in just 2-3 cm inward .let sit overnight and  the brakes will self-bleed and tomorrow the brake lever will be non spongy.
If it leaks around any fitting on the oil cooler you must replace the O-rings there are 2 smaller where the hoses enter the case and 2 bigger at the top where the hoses connect the cooler if i remember right.
RPM have  them
that was the plan...after I do the bleeder screws 1 more time.
tks...I'm going to take a good look and see if it was residual oil from the leaking valve cover. the grommets around the bolts were squished out of shape and had silicone or something all over them. gotta love it when people half ass a repair.  :dash1:
1986 FJ1200
2000 Roadstar
1976 GL1000
1978 GL1000
1982 GL1100 (sold)