News:

Welcome to FJowners.com

It is the members who make this best place for FJ related content on the internet.

Main Menu

somebody is going to need new footpegs soon

Started by Travis398, May 20, 2010, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis398

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

racerman_27410

i think most of the people here have their suspensions a little more sorted than that fella.

JMO

KOokaloo!

Frank

FJmonkey

Looked like his center stand scraped to me. Good way lift the rear off the pavement and low side. Seems like he was pushing his limits and lean angle just to get a moment of scraping the pegs. The over compensation/correction and poor suspension set up seems like he is way over his comfort limit just for a minute or two of video. :mocking:
The glass is not half full, it was engineered with a 2X safety factor.

'86 Ambulance - Bent frame, cracked case, due for an overhaul
'89 Stormy Blue - Suits my Dark Side

Brook

...... Yes I agree,.. from experience,   the center stand,     Befor the mods!!!!

the fan

They both seem pretty unimpressive compared to the folks I see at the rallies. Parking it mid corner and 0 lane discipline

ddlewis

Quote from: Travis398 on May 20, 2010, 04:56:21 PM
This has to be someone on this site, no?

I'd say no, but he needs to be.   Bobbing and wallowing all over the road.. that FJ needs help..

rossco

Imo the guy on the red bike was Quick on the straights but the Fj was taking
avoidance  ie step aside manouvres in the corners as he wasn't sure what was gonna happen
as the red bike loved to brake.Think the FJ was summising his weak points,another three miles would have had him.
Depending on knowledge of the road ahead.
Walllowing -na thats FJ bodylanguage--JMO

Kopfjaeger

looks like an every day ride. nothing like having the thing pitched in and hanging on. didnt see any handlebar wobble like mine.... :mail1: ride the wallow and point for the other side   :wacko2: modifications....pffftttt :nea:

carsick

That FJ has a pink stripe. So ya know, it's always gonna be on your tail. My bike identical to that and scratches a little peg in slow turns, but that is hairy grinding that much at speed!

ribbert

Quote from: Travis398 on May 20, 2010, 04:56:21 PM
This has to be someone on this site, no?

FJ 1200 & VFR800 - Wujskie / Zaluz PL
I can't stand it.   Plain and simple, the guy can't ride! Stop making excuses.
Listen to the red bike, he's using little more than engine braking and not going for it on throttle.
The FJ rider has, at times, his body more upright than the bike.
He can't  hold a line through the corner- or even stay on his side of the road, and nearly kissed the gravel after a stand scrape. Most likely rigid arm syndrome
Entry speeds are all over the place.
The corners are not fast enough to bring on "wallowing", something I am well aquainted with.
Anyone that rides that close to the bike in front on a public road while "going for it" is an idiot.
My bog standard and somewhat tired '93 does wallow at high speed (140kph +)
Nothing short of removing the rear shock would bring it on at these speeds.
These guys would be lucky to be cornering at 80kph.
Gimme a break, we all know that even a shagged out FJ on shit tyres can be ridden faster and tidier than this

"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

mz_rider

Flying Scotsman

1984 FJ1100
1985 FJ1100
1990 FJ1200
1999 GP1200 (165 + hp)

Harvy

Mate......I started watching it just to watch the suspension.........then I widened my attention and started to watch the race.

Then my head exploded!

WOW......... The Doc sure knows how to punt an FJ.

Harvy
FJZ1 1200 - It'll do me just fine.
Timing has much to do with the success of a rain dance.

andyb

Wow, first video...

Their suspension isn't the problem!  It's the rider!  Crossing the middle, can't hold a line, hilarious body positioning, jerky and un-smooth.  Looks to me like they're more than a little over their head, a trackday would do them a lot of good.

The road is sure drool-worthy though...

Dan Filetti

Live hardy, or go home.