News:

This forum is run by RPM and donations from members.

It is the donations of the members that help offset the operating cost of the forum. The secondary benefit of being a contributing member is the ability to save big during RPM Holiday sales. For more information please check out this link: Membership has its privileges 

Thank you for your support of the all mighty FJ.

Main Menu

Carby Prep

Started by OzDamo, January 07, 2022, 06:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzDamo

Thanks All.

I'll just have a crack at running it gravity fed. I've been looking for a cheap second hand fuel tank off something like a pit bike just to start it up.

And I'll rebuild the carbs myself when the time comes. Something I think I'd find enjoyable and does seem fairly simple.

Cheers
Damo

ribbert

Quote from: OzDamo on January 09, 2022, 04:50:31 PM
Thanks All.

I'll just have a crack at running it gravity fed. I've been looking for a cheap second hand fuel tank off something like a pit bike just to start it up.

And I'll rebuild the carbs myself when the time comes. Something I think I'd find enjoyable and does seem fairly simple.

Cheers
Damo

Damo, as previously mentioned, it doesn't have to be a fuel tank, you can use a fuel can, bottle, anything that doesn't leak.

I use a plastic fruit jar.

Noel
"Tell a wise man something he doesn't know and he'll thank you, tell a fool something he doesn't know and he'll abuse you"

OzDamo

Quote from: ribbert on January 09, 2022, 05:11:15 PM

Damo, as previously mentioned, it doesn't have to be a fuel tank, you can use a fuel can, bottle, anything that doesn't leak.

I use a plastic fruit jar.

Noel
I wouldn't mind getting a fuel tank with tap. I'd like to pop the motor into a stand and get it running. I need a custom wiring harness for the trike, and with electrical being my Achilles heel in my skill set I thought that would be easier.

And it will also keep me motivated to be able to keep starting the engine every now and then while I'm building the trike frame.

cheers
Damo