News:

Enjoy your FJ

Main Menu

2012 Gunnison Rally

Started by 1tinindian, August 16, 2012, 04:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tinindian

"I want to be free to ride my machine without being hassled by the "man"!
91 FJ1200

CanDman

Never regret your choices in life ! There is no way to go back to do it again and compare. Make the most and do your best with every decision you make

1tinindian

91 FJ1200

Firehawk068

Nice Videos Leon.
I remember that stretch of road. (I hated it)
If the pavement had been nice, it would have been an awesome road.........but it was so bumpy, and broken up, I didn't enjoy it. :negative:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

Derek Young

Nice video Leon.  Some great memories right there.
1986 FJ1200 (R.I.P.)
1991 FJ1200
Nanaimo, British Columbia

1tinindian

This video is the one where we catch up with Alan in the Black Canyon right after his exhaust fell off.

2012 Gunnison FJ Rally
91 FJ1200

Firehawk068

AHHHH yes.......That was my favorite riding day of the rally....
I remember that tumbleweed mid-curve at 11:43.
I heard you trying to shift into "sixth" a couple times.............I do it all the time. :sarcastic:

Thank you guys for at least turning around with me to help me look for my muffler........and thank you Andy for going above and beyond helping me try to find it down the cliff.
I owe you guys a couple beers at the next rally.  :drinks:
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

1tinindian

Quote from: Firehawk068 on August 19, 2012, 09:58:55 PM
I heard you trying to shift into "sixth" a couple times.............I do it all the time. :sarcastic:

OCD-kinda thing, I know.
I don't seem to do it as much now that I have changed gears ratios.
91 FJ1200

1tinindian

This will be the first of 3 videos I have of Cory, Alan, and myself going up, and back down, Pikes Peak.

2012 Pikes Peak/ FJ Rally Part 1
91 FJ1200

Firehawk068

Awesome videos!
It must've taken you a long time to upload these.....especially that 34 minute one ...
All the dirt is gone at the toll booths......they were still using the old toll booth at the hillclimb event, but the new ones are there, and look nice!
Alan H.
Denver, CO
'90 FJ1200

mst3kguy

off topic, but did we ever hear from andy (i think that was his name--teacher, english accent) that he made it home safely?  i never did see that he checked in, but i'm not on the site often...
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt

1tinindian

Quote from: mst3kguy on August 22, 2012, 09:00:42 PM
off topic, but did we ever hear from andy (i think that was his name--teacher, english accent) that he made it home safely?  i never did see that he checked in, but i'm not on the site often...
Yes, Andy is safe and sound.
He has contacted both myself and Alan.
Good to hear he had a great summer, but he is back in school now with the kiddies!

Leon
91 FJ1200

andyoutandabout

Thanks for the thought Dean - yep i'm still living the dream
life without a bike is just life

I make oil

That is BAD ASS.  I am going to have to make one of these rally's.  Problem is they are all so far away from me.  Wait.....  Actually maybe that's not such a bad thing.   :good2:  I especially like the video of all the bikes lined up. 
Semper Fi

mst3kguy

oh good.  i had a bad feeling, not because of how you rode (andy) or anything, just that there was lots of chatter after the rally, but you remained quiet.  i didn't like that feeling at all.  glad all is well.
dean
2014 triumph street triple r
2019 ktm 1290 superduke gt